1st PAC Meeting and AGM |
1st PAC Meeting and AGM
The 1st PAC Meeting and AGM for the 2019-2020 School Year
will be on Wednesday, September 11th @ 6pm.
What Does the PAC Do?
The role of the Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is to:
- support the school in its work with student
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community of Strathmore
- report back to all the parents in the school (email interested parents, publish meeting minutes on school website, facebook page)
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) supports the work of the school in a variety of ways. They can:
- consider ways parents can be involved in children's learning to improve achievement
- build positive relationships between parents and school staff
- support the school in consulting with the wider parent forum on school policy decisions and other matters
- use its own formal and informal channels for communicating about school events and how parents can become involved
- fundraise to provide additional equipment and resources for the school
- facilitate school events and work with the principals and staff to devise events which are enjoyable, encourage parental participation in school activities
Representing the Views of Parents:
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) represents the views of parents on a wide variety of educational matters. They can make representations to a school's administration, and to the GHSD #75.
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) plays a key role in supporting the work of the school within the wider community. A main function is to promote contact between all those with an interest in the work of the school. This includes parents of students at the school, parents of prospective students, the students themselves, and other community members. The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) will focus on the interests of children and young people who may, themselves, have views on what is being discussed.